2011年12月4日星期日

George Clooney Talks Acting, Nick Nolte Talks Death

Perhaps the reason George Clooney is such a good actor is that he doesn't get too dramatic about the whole thing.
The star kicked off what should be a busy, fruitful awards season with a Best Actor nod from the National Board of Review on Thursday for his role in the new dramedy, "The Descendants." Playing an uninvolved dad suddenly thrust into a world of familial drama, it's a performance equal parts charming and subtle, with Clooney coming off at ease and confident. That, it seems, is a result of his worldview and approach to his craft.
"I cut tobacco for a living in Kentucky -- that was hard work. I sold insurance door to door -- that's hard work. Acting is not hard work. If you're lucky enough to be sitting at a table like this, you've been very lucky in your life," the Oscar-winner said during The Hollywood Reporter's recent actor's round table. "You caught the brass ring somewhere along the way. I've known a tremendous number of talented actors who didn't get opportunities. Is it hard work? It's long hours, but nobody wants to hear you complain. I remember I was selling women's shoes at a department store, which is a lousy job."
Clooney continued, taking on what he hears coming from some privileged members of Hollywood.
"I remember I would hear of famous stars complaining in Hollywood about how hard their life was -- I didn't want to hear that," he said. "So I don't find it difficult. I find it challenging, and sometimes I'm very bad at it, but I don't find it hard."
Perhaps it's a canned answer, or maybe just a result of being asked the same questions over and over again, but Clooney has expressed these sentiments before.
"Look, I cut tobacco for a living for a while in Kentucky -- that was hard, you know? I sold ladies shoes in a department store -- that was hard," Clooney told OnTheRedCarpet.com just a few weeks ago. "This [acting] isn't a hard job in those terms. Was it tricky? Sure there were elements of it that were difficult to do, it's not hard."

没有评论:

发表评论